This Weeks shop feature is Kindred Toys by Stevie Rae. the shop is fairly new and it looks here that its specializing in painted peg doll families. I think they are cute and kids need to use their imagination . Red below to find out more about this shop.
1. How did you come up with the Name of your Shop
I chose the name Kindred because the foundation of my shop has to do with family. While the mainstream idea of family may be a dual-parent household and a few kids the majority of my friends/family/community are more diverse and face a lot of opposition. I wanted a name that validated their family structure.
2. Tell us a little bit about your shop and what you think makes it unique?
The concept behind my shop (maintaining in-stock items that represent family dynamics outside of the "norm") is what makes it unique.
3. What is your favorite item at the store and why?
My current 2 favorites are the Grandparent set and the Birth Mother doll. The grandparents because they just look like fun people. The Birth Mother has a special spot in my heart because I have close friends and family that have either adopted or been birth parents themselves both through surrogacy and adoption.
4. What inspires create your products?
My friends, my family, my community. Anyone I know who has fought against all odds to create a family where there may not have been before. People who love unconditionally.
5. Where can we find you? www.etsy.com/shop/kindredtoys www.facebook.com/kindredtoys kindredtoys.blogspot.com
6. What advice can you give for other sellers out there for their shop?
Now some fun facts about you
7. What is your Favorite Food?
Chocolate. Isn't that everyone's favorite? Cheese and bacon are close contenders.
8. Describe us one positive event in your life in your life that you felt was a miracle to you or that you knew the Universe was there watching over you.
It sounds cliche, but meeting my husband. He stood out to me instantly but I couldn't explain why. We were in college together. He was dating someone else at the time and I remember running into him casually and making small talk. He mentioned that he'd just had lunch with his girlfriend and I felt a twinge of unexpected jealousy. We became friends and it was amazing how compatible we were. He eventually went separate ways with the girl he was seeing.
9. What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
My favorite vacation spot so far is the Isle of Palms in South Carolina. We went there for my sister-in-laws wedding and the combination of family, sun, and the ocean (I've always been extremely drawn to bodies of water. I find them soothing) was the perfect equation for restoration.