Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Shop Feature: FLORABEAUTY Natural Jewelry Made With Real Flowers and Plants



The Shop of this week is FLORABEAUTY.  She is from Europe and I have to say that she has amazing  talent. After  looking at her shop I  really find her work very unique. I never  imagines you could put real flowers or plants  into jewelry like she does. What I really like most about it is how  natural looking each piece is and very unique in  her own way. but  I love how simple and clean the jewelry is as that is my style. I like all the simple designs and they look the best on me. Read more details on her amazing shop, 

1. How did you come up with the Name of your Shop?
Well, that was not hard. I have tried to find a phrase, which will combine the beauty of the flowers. The Latin word for a flower is flora, so I said to myself: Why not use something traditional, something that is here longer than we are (i.e. flowers=flora) and point them as something beautiful that is here for us.


2. Tell us a little bit about your shop and what you think makes it unique?

I make botanical jewelry with real plants, flowers and herbs, seal them on wood base and cover them with clear, hard and non toxic resin. I pick up flowers whenever I go, than pressed them between books for several weeks to make them completely dry. I capture the nature and women can bring the nature with them whenever they go. I am also trying to be as natural as can be. Using natural materials, even by choosing the right resin. This is a special story. I've spent so many hours surfing and reading about all sorts of resin. And after reading and reading I was very surprised when found out that traditional resins show some potential hazards to health and environment. But one day I came across of the new resin that has been completely different from the traditional ones. I have tried to collect all the information about its toxicity and each article, review or research that I have read sounded, promising. I have studied the ingredients of this new resin; have even written to its designer and manufacturer just to make sure that it is not harmful to the environment or me. And it is not.
Flower shaped wood real flower studs earrings, green cream studs, woodland studs, flower shape studs wood, botanical resin (Queen Anne's)

3. What is your favorite item at the store and why?

Well, I like this one the most:
www.etsy.com/listing/127494183/real-flower-necklace-20-sale-grass?ref=sh...
This grass is so beautiful and very unique. I like the earth tone of the pendant and the green color of cotton chain.


4. What inspires create your products?

I must mention first that I rarely wear jewelry. But walking through woods, in the fields, observing the colors of the nature get me most of the inspirations. I already get the ideas of my new items when I pick up the flowers. But here is my catch! During the weeks, when the particular flower or plant is drying, I discover so many ways to design them on wood! And that makes me sometimes very impatient and confused. But when I am a lack of the inspiration, then I open my album, where I keep my dried flowers and plants, and just look at them for a while and the inspiration always returns. 
It is funny to say but I usually get most of the ideas in the morning just during the wakening.
Real flower necklace, spring necklace, pink green necklace, dried pressed flowers in resin, real flowers and wood, eco friendly necklace

5. Where can we find you?

You can find my jewelry on Etsian market, where you can buy it online: www.etsy.com/shop/FloraBeauty?ref=si_shop
Or follow me on Pinterest: pinterest.com/mirjamles/
or Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Unique-Jewelry-with-real-pressed-flowers-and-plan...


6. Do you have any coupons or discounts for us? ( optional) if no, I will not have this in the post

Currently, I still have a spring Sale in my shop with 20% off for all of my jewelry. But I am willing to keep the sale for your readers. Just use code BLOG20 when my spring sale expires.


Real flower ring, Pressed flower ring, real flower resin ring, botanical ring, pressed plants ring, Natural wooden ring, Real flower jewelry
7. What advice can you give for other sellers out there for their shop?


Well, I have learned alot from running an Etsy shop. First of all, I have learned to be PATIENT when my sales are down. And this is the first and best advice for the other sellers who sells on net. I that time, you can do many different things, that you are not able when you are fully busy with your shop. If you have a will, take this time to create more and more, if your mood drops, make some work around the house, clean the flat, go out, spend more time with your friends.
And yes, do and sell the things that you LIKE to do. I am sure that if you are creating the things that you like, than you will never close your online shop. If you create because that makes you happy, than the money doesn't matter.

Some Fun facts about you.

8. What is your Favorite Food?

Hmmm. I like to eat everything. I like to eat meat, but sometimes I like to eat plenty of vegetables. Perhaps I can highlight fish. I love them: sole, sea bream made by Mediterranean recipe by my husband with lots of rosemary herbs and garlic. And yes, I love garlic. I always add the whole head of garlic, not just clove, into soups, stews, pastas, rice and so on. Fortunately, my husband likes garlic, too!


9. Describe us one positive event in your life in your life that you felt was a miracle to you or that you knew the Universe was there watching over you. 

I do believe that the Universe in watching for us. That all the things that life brings to us have their meaning. I got a proof for that when my child was 3 years old and me and my husband wanted to have another baby. But I was very exhausted at that time, the child did not sleep alot at nights, he was very playful child, wanted to get all of my attention. I was very scared about my health, about my tiredness. But despite all we want to have another baby, but he/she did not come at that heavy time. That leads to a big anxiety of myself, which needed a medical care for quite some time. In that time, I have learned how to stop worry all the time, for me, for my child, for the family. And thank you, God, that you have not given me the second child at that time. I believe God and the Universe protect me to stay a healthy mum for my child and a healthy wife to my husband. Now I am a completely different person, ready to have another child and looking forward to see my family grows.

10. What is your favorite Vacation spot and why?

Yes, I do have a favorite vacation spot. After the birth of my child, I spend all the summer vacation with my family at a very quite small town, at the Croatian Adriatic Sea. The village has only 180 habitants, one small grocery store, church and local house. The view is gorgeous, on high croatian mountains just near the sea side. People there live very peaceful life and this is the reason that I like to spend summer holidays there.

11. Anything else you like to share with us about you?Love the nature, love the flowers, love the Life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your Thoughts Here