Thursday, July 12, 2012

How To Get Rid of Hiccups

Last night, I had  the hiccups really bad out of no where.  Being that it was  1:00am, the only  remedy I knew that  usually works for me to to swallow  a spoon full of sugar.  Now, I am thinking   of Mary Poppins lol.  I'm   love that song by the way.  Anyways,  I didn't want to have some sugar this late of the night.  So I finally  decided to Google  on  hiccups and I found this article  on  Squidoo. Basically, right after the  hiccup, I  need  to exhale and inhale where I am holding my breath. Then  swallow that air  slowly.   I must admit when I read the article, I  thought it was  too simple  for it to work.  The result  ended being it actually  worked.  The first two times  I did this technique it wasn't going away  but that was because I was laughing at  the concept while I  was doing it. But  I must admit when I took it seriously,  it started to  slowing  go away.  I will say it took me 3  attempts to get this  down... but it was gone.   This is technique really amazed me.  Now, I  can remember to this the next time  have  hiccups. I just thought I share this   link with you because it worked for me. And Yes, I stole the little bear picture, he was so cute I just had to have him, I love cute bears :)   So tell me, what other techniques have  you tried to get rid of hiccups? has it worked for you?  How often do you get hiccups?  Here's the link for the technique: How To get Rid of Your Hiccups

4 comments:

  1. So funny! My grandmother would have me fill a little cup with water and put a washcloth over top and drink from it slowly. Always worked! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting technique , thanks for sharing... I love seeing the ideas that work :)

      Delete
  2. I will try that next time! I always do a spoonful of peanut butter. It always works, but I tend to get hiccups right before bed and I never want to eat peanut butter just after brushing my teeth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same, because I alraedy brushed my teeth and did not want to have sugar... its late already at that itme lol... but yes I totally understand, thanks for sharing peanut butter, I heard that actually works :)

      Delete

Share your Thoughts Here